Events Operations Manager
- Salary: £30K
- Location: Co. Down
- Essential Criteria: previous experience of delivering events
Daly Recruitment is on the search for an Events Operations Manager for a stunning property nestled in County Down. This is an excellent opportunity for a hospitality professional seeking to take the next step in their hospitality management career.
As Events Operations Manager you will be responsible for the operational planning and delivery of weddings, corporate events and conferences and banquets at this luxury property. The successful candidate will motivate and lead the conference and banqueting team to ensure delivery excellence and high standards of presentation and service levels.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility for the C&B Department including the implementation and monitoring of departmental budget.
- Leadership & motivation of the team within the C&B team to ensure they are adequately supported and foster a culture of development in line with company policy.
- Event preparation and delivery – including ensuring all resources required are planned, available and ready in good time for each event, with the wider team undertaking room set-ups and post event tidy up
- Liaison with Managers across the wider business resulting in service delivery excellence for our events and corporate business.
- Identify training needs of individuals and the department and ensure implementation and delivery of training programmes for everyone within the C&B Team.
- Managing conferences and events, advance planning as appropriate and ensuring delivery to 5-star standards.
- Duty Management shifts.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of event menus (food and beverage) including allergens.
- Development and implementation of policies and procedures in collaboration with the Senior Management Team.
- Management of rostering and payroll to ensure these are in line with business levels and budgetary expectations and efficient working practices.
- Ensure all areas are kept and maintained to a high standard with any maintenance or housekeeping issues resolved through the appropriate channels.
- Work closely with the HR department on all matters, focusing on training, initiatives, 5-star performance, recruitment, Management and Crew development.
Full job description is available by Contacting Nichola directly on Nichola@DalyRecruitment.com
- Experience in all aspects of the delivery of events to include gala dinners, conferences and award ceremonies
- Experience in financial management to include preparation of budgets, stock control and management of GP’s
- Effective client relationship management.
- A passion for service excellence.
- Ability to lead and be part of a team in a highly pressurised environment
- Attention to detail and passion for service excellence
- Ability to work across teams providing guidance and reactive problem solving to ensure smooth operational delivery
- Highly motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage deadlines
- Strong IT Skills.
HOURS OF WORK
Hours for this role is 40 hours per week and operate on a rotational pattern across 7 days a week, including evenings and weekends.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities employer
For more information on this role and full job description please reach out to Nichola directly in the strictest of confidence at: Nichola@DalyRecruitment.com
- Writing a CV
- What information you need to put your CV together
- Why a personal statement on your CV is important
- Is it illegal to lie in your CV?
- Managing covid 19 gaps on your CV
- Tips for interviews
Recent Jobs Added
- Front Office Manager
- Group Digital Marketing Manager
- Hotel General Manager Luxurious 4*
- Conference & Banqueting Manager 5*
- Hospitality Manager