General Manager – New luxury Hotel Opening in 2024
- Salary: £EXCELLENT
- Location: Northern Ireland
- Closing Date: 31st May 2023
- Essential Criteria: At least 3- 5 years previous Hotel management experience (DGM or above) within 5 star property or 4* luxury
Daly Recruitment have been appointed recruitment partner to undertake the search for a new General Manager on behalf of a new luxury hotel coming to the NI marketplace in 2024. My client is seeking an a luxury hotelier, who will have experience of working with multiple stakeholders including owners and management company.
We are seeking a candidate who has a good understanding of the golf market within NI and can demonstrate a passion for the sport. The successful candidate will manage the pre-opening and opening stages of this new luxurious hotel, implementing brand standards and be the face of the property within the local market. As GM you will responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day running of all hotel operations, whilst working closely with the local community.
The role will cover all areas including Operations (inlying Spa), Sales & Commercial, Property and Asset, Human Resources and Finance. In addition, you will be working with several external automated systems and suppliers.
We are seeking to appoint a candidate with excellent leadership and communication skills alongside attention to detail and good operations management experience. A passion and enthusiasm for delivering 5 star hospitality, in line with brand standards is a must, combined with the ability to think big and inspire your team.
This is not a 9-5 GM role, as will require evening and weekend hours.
As GM you will develop and implement business strategies for the hotel which are aligned with the Group and the hotel owner’s overall mission, vision, values and strategies.
- Achieve the hotel’s profit, customer service and revenue goals by directing the operation of the hotel.
- Maximise revenue by developing and implementing a sales and marketing plan in conjunction with the Management Services Team.
- Monitors status regularly and adjusts strategies as appropriate.
- Seek opportunities to publicise the hotel through development and implementation of a public relations strategy and by building a network within the community
- Work with the Executive Committee to continually improve hotel operations by evaluating guest services provided responding to opportunities within the market.
- Analyses business results on a regular basis and takes actions to improve results as appropriate.
- Develop and implement group strategies and practices which support employee engagement.
- Be able to drive the business forward in pre-opening and opening stages.
- Experience as General Manager in luxury hotels
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong Food and Beverage management experience.
- Knowledge of front of house operations
- Up to date knowledge of Tourism NI legislation and standard requirements
- A proven track record in excellent service delivery and achieving goals and objective.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other hotel employees and managers to ensure teamwork.
- Be a self-motivated, highly committed, and passionate individual
- A good understanding of the NI / Ireland golf market.
- The ability to work.
Experience of working within international luxury collections is preferred but not essential.
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Must be able to attend 2nd interview (if successful) on site.
Assistance with relocation is available.
Excellent salary and company benefits on offer.
Application and for more Information
For more information on this role and for a full job description please contact Nichola on Nichola@DalyRecruitment.com
Please note all conversations will be held in the strictest of confidence.
PLEASE FORWARD CV IN WORD FORMAT ONLY.
We endeavour to get back to all applicants, however due to the volume of applicants we are dealing with on a daily basis regretably this may not be possible. If you not hear back from Daly Recruitment in 2/3 days of applying, you have not been successful on the shortlist for this role, and we wish you every success with your job search!
- Writing a CV
- What information you need to put your CV together
- Why a personal statement on your CV is important
- Is it illegal to lie in your CV?
- Managing covid 19 gaps on your CV
- Tips for interviews
Recent Jobs Added
- General Manager – New luxury Hotel Opening in 2024
- Events Operations Manager
- Reservations Manager
- Events Executive
- Marketing Manager