- Salary: €38k
- Location: Co. Louth
Daly Recruitment is working with one of Ireland’s leading luxury hotel groups to appoint a Reservations Manager to be based in their stunning property in County Louth. The location of this property is ideal for a commute from Dublin / Belfast – going against traffic and rush hour. This opportunity provides an an individual to join a forward thinking hospitality group, that places a huge emphasis on employees and their learning and development. Learn and develop your hospitalty career by taking this step.
As Reservations Manager you will be responsible for both strategic and tactical initiatives related to revenue maximisation. As a Reservation Manager, you will set strategic direction, determine pricing, create promotions, and explore new distribution opportunities.
This role will suit a self-motivated candidate who sets a positive example for employees by their attitude and performance. Motivates, inspires and empowers others to improved performance encouraging the team towards Hotel and individual objectives and aims.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and maintain group and transient inventory controls
- Develop, monitor, and adjust sales and pricing strategies.
- Provide critical analysis of strategies, room’s statistics and demand factors
- Conduct competitive and demand analysis.
- Maintain distribution channel data integrity.
- Manage no-show and cancelled reservations and process charges according to hotel policy.
- Ensure all email traffic is monitored and reservations appropriately recorded and checked – dates, price, market segmentation, sources etc
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel.
- Independently implements appropriate hotel inventory distribution strategy; maintains accurate rates and inventory allotments in the property PMS and Channel Manager in a timely manner to promote best available rates offline and online.
- Develops near and long term top-line rooms revenue hotel forecasts upon request from the Group Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Loads all preferred, and promotional rates in the Hotel PMS
- Spearheads troubleshooting and resolution of any rate loading issues as they occur.
- Analyses independently and determines whether hotel is effectively marketing itself across electronic distribution channels.
- Participate and prepare rolling forecast and annual budget for the property using PMS, and forecasting tools Right Revenue.
- Ensure that all rooms statistics reports, including voucher and social media, and any other related reports are accurate and consistent.
- Ensure that all revenue management related systems are maintained including Hotsoft/Siteminder, Electronic channels.
- In general, perform any other duties might requested by General Manager any other duties might be requested by senior team.
- Manage all aspects of rate & inventory management as outlined in the services contract.
- Prepare training materials, training schedules, and systems training for the team members.
- To carry out all duties in line with departmental Standards Manual.
- Provide a channel for communication within the hotel to effectively deal with all telephone and email enquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
- To be fully aware of any menu updates, hotel promotions, corporate promotions or special offers.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure that all guest requests are attended to efficiently.
- To continuously conduct in-depth analyses to evaluate and adapt strategies.
- Short -and long-term forecasting as well as annual budgeting
- To be able to gain a high level of knowledge of the hotel, competitors and the local market – enabling you to set the ideal strategy.
- To make displacement calculations on Revenue and GOP levels, communicating ideal price and negotiation margin for leisure groups
- Gain solid knowledge of various systems; HotSoft, Revenue Management Systems, Distribution Systems
- Review market trends and performance on a regular basis via benchmarking tools including Right Revenue and Review Pro.
- To implement standard operating procedures in the Reservations department.
- To ensure that deposits/cash/ credit cards/ room charge procedures are followed by Reservations Team according to Standards of procedures and ensure that all team members are trained accordingly.
- To ensure that guest personal data is stored and processed in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation
- To assist Front Office in absence of Front Office Manager
Responsibilities are not limited to the above.
For full job description please contact Nichola@DalyRecruitment.com
WHAT OUR CLIENT IS SEEKING:
Our client is seeking a candidate with previous Reservations Management experience.
- A good understanding of the above in-house systems.
- An individual who can work on their initiative and as a team
- A candidate who can ensure guest satisfaction by managing Room Reservation and Group Reservations, under the direction of the General Manager.
This company offer a very rewarding benefits package to all its employees including:
- Employee of the month incentive
- Service awards & gift (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 years and so on)
- Recognition days (i.e. International Women’s Day, Team Member Appreciation Week, Chocolate Friday’s, Easter Eggs, Pancake Tuesday, Christmas Lunch, National Reception Day etc…)
- Learning and Development opportunities (internal management development programmes & also any course run by IHF, colleges etc.)
- Opportunity to progress within the Group
- Group Hotel discounts
- Birthday card and gift
- Meals on duty
- Free parking
- Gift for parents of newborn babies.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT NICHOLA IN THE STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE. EMAIL: Nichola@DalyRecruitment.com
- Writing a CV
- What information you need to put your CV together
- Why a personal statement on your CV is important
- Is it illegal to lie in your CV?
- Managing covid 19 gaps on your CV
- Tips for interviews
Recent Jobs Added
- General Manager – New luxury Hotel Opening in 2024
- Events Operations Manager
- Reservations Manager
- Events Executive
- Marketing Manager