The importance of Core Values when recruiting & retaining employees
Attractive core values are crucial to attracting talent. Your core company values can help you compete for the best talent, in three significant ways.
When prospective employees find your core values inspiring, they’re more likely to apply for a position.
When your workplace is known for a strong culture built on real values, word can travel fast. Your reputation as an employer could grow, meaning more people will want to work for you.
Core values don’t just help you recruit better-quality employees — they help you attract staff who are a better fit, too. These new hires are likely to fit well with your organisational culture.
- Core values are now what’s attracting prospective employees. Much like an excellent perk or benefit, a core value, such as work-life balance or empowerment, are attracting employee’s who are looking for an employer that will be naturally inclined to treat them with respect.
- Effective core values can increase engagement by creating a workplace culture built on principles that employees believe in. Employees might therefore find more fulfilment in their work and customers will in return feel that impact securing repeat business.
THE PURPOSE & IMPORTANCE OF CORE VALUES:
- They can provide guidance for company leadership as they make decisions.
- They can communicate an organisations focus & goals to past, present, potential staff & customers.
- They help attract top talent / customers to a business due to similarly held beliefs.
Existing employees are your most powerful source of advertising and play a key role in helping to attract talent.